U.S. Bank Mortgage
U.S. Bank is a national bank based in Minneapolis that provides various banking products services as well as a handful of mortgage options. The lender offers conventional loans, Federal Housing Administration loans, Department of Veterans Affairs loans, jumbo loans more.
- Provides mortgage loans nationwide
- Allows you to apply online without first speaking with a loan officer
- Assists U.S. Bank customers with closing costs
- Lacks mortgage programs for first-time homebuyers or low-income borrowers
- Requires a down payment of at least 5% for conventional loans
U.S. Bank has several mortgage loan programs, including:
- Adjustable-rate mortgages
- Investment property loans
- New construction lot loans
U.S. Bank doesn’t disclose its minimum credit score. In general, have a credit score of at least 620 if you’re planning to apply for a conventional loan.
Minimums can vary for other loan types.
Closing costs can vary based on several factors but are typically between 2% 5% of the loan amount. If you’re eligible for the U.S. Bank Customer Credit, you could receive closing cost assistance of up to $1,000.
Is your dream home within reach? U.S. News’ mortgage calculator will show you how much house you can afford.
U.S. Bank has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau received 441 mortgage-related complaints in 2019 about U.S. Bank. The most common complaints involved:
- Having trouble during the payment process
- Struggling to pay a mortgage
- Applying for or refinancing a mortgage
- Closing on a mortgage
Each complaint received a timely response.
You can apply for a U.S. Bank mortgage loan online, on your own or with a loan specialist. You’ll also be able to upload documents, track your loan application status sign disclosures electronically.
After your mortgage closes, you can manage your account online through the bank’s website.
- U.S. Bank customers
- Homebuyers who want to apply online
- Homebuyers who can meet the bank’s down payment requirements