HIMSSCast: How telehealth will settle in through the pandemic beyond
Before COVID-19, many practices were hardly using telehealth for anything. During COVID-19, many practices had to use telehealth for nearly everything. The next era in telehealth will be about picking choosing the right use cases for telehealth.
On today’s HIMSSCast, Oak Street Health Regional Medical Director Dr. Laolu Fayanju joins Healthcare IT News Senior Editor Kat Jercich host Jonah Comstock to discuss telehealth, remote patient monitoring, choosing the right patients use cases for virtual care.
This episode is brought to you by BlueJeans.
Like what you hear? Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Play!
- A little about Laolu Oak Street Health.
- High-touch doesn’t necessarily mean in-person.
- How COVID-19 forced telehealth adoption.
- Oak Street’s telehealth operation, including tablet delivery remote patient monitoring.
- Deciding when to use telehealth, for whom.
- Remote patient monitoring’s potential.
- “It takes a village.” The importance of team-based care.
- Health equity advocating for the patient.
- Embracing technology across different demographics.
- The potential – dangers – of consumer wearables.
More about this episode:
How do providers strike the right balance between in-person care telehealth?
How telemedicine can help everyone have a primary care physician
American Board of Telehealth launches certificate for virtual primary care
Will virtual primary care become a new model of healthcare delivery?
Zooming into the next phase of care delivery: 10 emerging trends in a post-COVID-19 world
Contributed: Patients deserve virtual care that better integrates, doesn’t compete with, in-person care
Oak Street Health decision support system reduces readmissions by 26%
How virtual care can be refined to reach those who need it most